Halloween is only a month away and it’s never too early to start preparing AND it’s fun!
Make this cute spider for virtually nothing …. it’s made from a small section of a pair of black tights so you could make enough for a class of kids from one pair of tights. You do need to use the thick 80% denier tights because the stuffing will show through the finer variety. It took me twenty minutes to make and it can be easily made by a child with supervision.
1. Cut a section off a leg off the tights and lay on the table.
2. Put an elastic band around the centre of the four pipe cleaners and then pass through the piece of tights.
3. Take a small elastic band or hair elastic and wrap it round one end tightly leaving about 1 inch of the fabric free.
4. Take a big handful of stuffing and push into the centre of the tights.,
5. Secure the loose end with another elastic band or hair elastic.
6. Trim off any excess fabric.
7. Glue on the eyes, Nose and mouth. Add hair if desired or stick a bit of fluffy stuffing on top.
8. That’s it!