This morning we went for a walk and collected some wild flowers and herbs. The herbs we hung up to dry so we can use them in cooking. We only picked a few flowers. Wild flowers don’t live very long after they have been picked and so we decided to press them.
This is what we did:
- First we cut them stems so they would fit onto a piece of kitchen paper.
- Then we carefully placed eCh flower onto the paper and covered with a second piece.
- Then we put the sheets of flowers inside a thick telephone directory. But any large heavy book will do.
- Lastly we piled more books on top.
- Now we will leave them to dry for two weeks.